Readings & Workshops
Saturday, September 17, 2016, 9 AM - 4 PM
Haiku Retreat: "Honoring the Art of Detachment"
Offered by Tiferet Journal
This specialized workshop offers you a day to detach from the distractions and stresses of everyday life to relax, reflect, and write using the ancient and time-honored form of haiku. A range of instructional and hands-on activities will be presented.
Gather with like-minded creatives in a beautiful space set in the picturesque woods of Bernardsville, New Jersey.
- Learn about haiku, read haiku, and write haiku of your own.
- Learn about imagery and juxtaposition.
- Discover the inside of experiences through attention to the outside.
- Discover how writing haiku can inform and improve your longer poems.
- Translate human and natural world relationships into intensely focused written language that is life-affirming, spontaneous, and unpretentious.
$100.00 fee for the full day includes:
- all activities,
- a hard copy set of instructional materials,
- a nutritious lunch,
- a complimentary copy of Adele Kenny's new haiku collection, Not Asking what if.
Tuesday, October 4, 2016, 7 - 9 PM (doors open at 6:30)
Book Launch for Trisha Dower’s US Edition of Stony River
Reading with Trisha Dower
Hamilton Stage of the Union County Performing Arts Center
360 Hamilton Street
Contact for Reservations: email@example.com
Note: Anyone who grew up in Rahway in the 50s and 60s will recognize the fictional town of Stony River. Trisha and Adele grew up together in East Rahway, and, when Trisha was a teenager, she babysat for Adele. Trisha will read from her novel, and Adele will read from her poems about Rahway.
Wednesday, November 8, 8 PM
Featured Poet (co-reader TBA)
Barron Arts Center
582 Rahway Avenue
To schedule poetry readings or writing workshops, click here.